The Plagiarism Problem
Plagiarism is a lingering problem in academia. Over 80% of students have admitted to plagiarizing or cheating at least once. In order to curtail this problem, many academic institutions have begun to enforce strict anti-plagiarizing policies. Students caught plagiarizing can face strict academic penalties such as failing the course, appearing before an academic judiciary board, or being expelled. Don’t even get caught plagiarizing by accident! Many times, students synthesize their research materials so much that their finished text resembles their materials too closely. Even in these circumstances, you could face serious academic penalties.
How to Prevent Plagiarism
The question remains, how does one prevent plagiarism? The answer is elementary Watson! Just use one of the many free online plagiarism-checking sites like PlagTracker.com and all your plagiarism worries can go out the window. Still skeptical? Here are just a few reasons why you should use plagiarism-checking software.
Why Use Plagiarism Checkers
- Plagiarism checkers have extensive databases with a multitude of printed and online sources, like EBSCOhost and ProQuest. They can take your paper and check it extensively for a variety of sources.
- When your paper is scanned for plagiarism, any suspicious text will be highlighted for your convenience. No need to guess where plagiarism is located!
- Plagiarism-checking services also provide important percentages of similarity. When professors put their students’ papers through a plagiarism checker, they come out with percentages of similarity. Colleges and universities all have different acceptable percentages of similarity. After all, it is almost impossible not to write a paper with at least some similarities to other ones. With online plagiarism checkers like PlagTracker, an exact percentage will be given to show what your paper’s similarity percentage is.
- Plagiarism-checking software can assess just how good your paraphrasing skills are. Sometimes when you’re writing a paper, you need to paraphrase from an outside source because it provides proper analysis. However, if you don’t paraphrase properly, you can end up in hot water for plagiarizing. These plagiarism checkers can clearly show how well your paraphrase and how you can improve.
- Lastly, these plagiarism checkers can be proof that you haven’t plagiarized for your own peace of mind or even for a suspicious professor.
An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure
Don’t sacrifice your academic career because you accidentally plagiarized something! Use plagiarism checkers to know where you stand on original content.